Sunday, December 7, 2008

Gramps at Ben's Football Game


Okay, I know this isn't a picture of Ben playing football, but I don't have one--I'll try to get one on here later today, but I did want to start this post with Ben because Dad had so much fun watching his playoff games yesterday. Anyhow, this is how Ben eats before a game, after a game--pretty much 24/7 ;-).

Ben won both his games (YAY), and Dad, who had planned on just watching one, stayed for both. It was a beautiful sunny day here in Sandy Eggo, and we were sitting in a lovely park--so all of it was great.

Mom got to sneak off to the store, and I got to sneak off for a hike on my much missed mountain. My husband was able to have a well deserved night off from being a single Dad and went out with friends to hear some music last night, while I hung out at home with the kids--and Linda came over for a visit.

I know that all days won't be this wonderful, but we are sure trying to savor the ones that we do get.

I'm looking into acupuncture for Dad--we've decided to skip all the insurance mumbo jumbo and just pay out of pocket for someone local.

I'm off for another quick run up the mountain--and then over to spend the afternoon with Mom and Dad.

I haven't spoken to Mom and Dad yet this morning--fingers crossed that they had a good night's sleep.

Toodles, Mar

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the very upbeat update, Mar. This blog is such a terrific idea. I check it first thing every morning. Love you all. Will be there soon.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS, tell your dad that Dave's still practicing the guitar to play with him after the chemo and when they come up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Di. Can't wait to see you--and I'll tell Dad about Dave and the guitar

    ReplyDelete