I'm not 100% clued into blogs so we'll see how this works. I'm going to try to post updates about how Dad is doing here--and that way everyone can just click on whenever they want to know what is happening. I keep missing some emails--and I'm thinking that this might be the better way to go. We'll see.
Yesterday, Sunday, was filled with visits from friends. It really made Mom and Dad's day. Dad was having a good day with his pain pretty under control. He was able to visit for quite a while and really seemed to enjoy it.
Please feel free to continue to visit. I'm now staying nights with Mom and Dad--and my super fabulous husband is holding down the fort with the kids at night.
Nights are a bit rough--Dad's medication leaves him a bit confused, and he is up and down a lot.
We are just trying to take each day as it comes. Dad is still adamant that he wants to give the chemo a go on 12/5. His oncologist says that there is only a 5 to 10% chance that it will help--and the help is more with pain control not with extended survival. She (the doctor) says that she feels his time will be on the short side--but no one knows for sure. She said weeks to months.
It's all so surreal, especially with Dad being so very alive right now.
Please continue to feel free to come by anytime. We don't know who will be up--but you are welcome to hang out, watch TV, etc. etc. --whatever you have time for.
Much love, Marianne.
All New Show Sunday 5/13
14 years ago
We love you, Mar. You're doing such a great job.......
ReplyDeleteI will keep you and your family in my thoughts. I send wishes for strength and wisdom. Warm Regards
ReplyDelete