| I just haven't felt like there's been a ton of news (as to my nagging guilt about not posting lately). I sure appreciate all the emails, calls, notes, food, etc. everyone's been sending. I'll let Mom take the floor with her note below. Love, M "Well it seems I haven't written in ages, but I have a bit of time to do so now. I just got on the computer and saw all your messages. So good to hear from everyone. Since Dan's B.D. celebration on the 10th...he has not been well....Sat. he came down with chills and fever. (which could be the chemo he had on Friday) and has been down in bed ever since (which could also be chemo, cancer, good ole sickness, etc). He isn't in pain, we switched to some new pain meds and they are helping Dan. We have had hospice come every day to check in on Dan and they have been very helpful and reassuring. My nephew's visit from Bremerton, WA. was great and a great B.D. surprise for Dan. All the food you all brought for Dan's B.D. was just great, and he loved the cards as well. For those who could make it, thanks for being here. Also thanks again to all our family and friends for being so supportive--I haven't had to cook in days!!!! I am not leaving Dan alone at this time, he is very weak and in bed, not sure if he will make his chemo on Friday. But you all know Dan, he does rally back at times....we will see . We ARE at a different level with his illness (pancreatic cancer). We have been able to get some paper work done and that has been good to get out of the way. Dave Sweet and Bill Smith--if you read this, send my daughter Marianne an email at ma.mcginnis@gmail.com. We have favors to ask both of you and are having trouble finding your emails. Dan is lucid, but needs to rest a lot. We are not sending out holiday letters or cards this year...but do send mental wishes to you all for the best holidays and the new year to come. Take care , Julie" |
All New Show Sunday 5/13
14 years ago
You're all in everyone's thoughts, Jules. See you on Monday. Much love.....
ReplyDeleteJulie... Nice to hear from you just wish you had better news. I was hoping no news was good news but guess not. Give my cuz a big hug from all of us and tell him he is in our thoughts and prayers daily. Wish we could do more for you. Glad you have the help of hospice - they are a God send for sure. We had them for my Aunt. Be strong-as I know you are-and we will pray for a rally. Our love to all.......Karen
ReplyDelete