Sunday, January 4, 2009

Go Chargers!!!


We had a great time last night watching the Chargers with a houseload of friends (pictures to come). We were able to pull the TV into the living room so we had plenty of room for all.

Gorgeous BD (baby daniel or Brave Daniel, when he's old enough to care), my sis-in-law and bro are down visiting (bringing instant joy when they walked through the door--ah the babe I can love and then hand away). We also had a virtual visit via laptops and webcams with Di and Dave (so fun you guys!) so they could see the baby too. Some baby--he's almost 9 months--I could brag I'll day, but I'll get pics up here later and let those do the talking.

Steve Seaborg, my Stephen, Ran, Bill Smith (Dad's friend since 4th grade, also visiting from TN), Linda, Goldie, and Jan were all there as well.

Thanks to Mom's friend Peggy, Jan and Linda, and Nancy's soup, we were able to feed all the hungry humans without lifting much of a finger--which really allows Mom to relax and enjoy herself--Linda, Deborah and I manned the kitchen.

Dad stayed awake for the entire game and longer. He really picks up for these events, seems distracted from his pain, and to enjoy the company.

Today will be spent with family--hopefully Dad will be able to be up some.

love you, M

4 comments:

  1. Such fun to iCam with you all. Dan inspired DAVE!! to sort of watch the chargers. He had it on, and came in after to inform me THEY WON. Miracle (that he was interested at all!). Maybe see you again today? I'd love that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking of you when I saw that the Chargers pulled out that OT win!!!
    Joelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Chargers are SUPER!! We hated the third quarter when the defense fell asleep and let those bleeps score an undeserved touchdown... but the they looked GREAT! We're so glad Dan got to watch the game -- I yelled at the TV a lot: 'Dan's watching, you'd better win!' Love to all, Judith & Lou

    ReplyDelete