Thursday, January 8, 2009





Well the day's winding down. Dad's friend Victor is over for a visit now, so I'm sneaking in the back to post this.

Dad continues to be very confused, the level of pain medication/cancer/both? is/are obviously affecting his cognition, mental clarity, and causing him to not know some people, be easily overstimulated by noise, and to be in sort of a dream state much of the time. When Dad realizes what's going on he gets a little frustrated, but we try to remind him that it's okay and that we understand that the medication is affecting him.

Mom can't be alone at night, to take a shower, or to be out of ear range. Dad is very unstable on his feet, and we are using a wheelchair most of the time now. We are looking for an infant monitor we could use when we are out in the kitchen or backyard so we can hear Dad. Please let us know if anyone has one we could borrow.

The hospice doctor is coming for a visit tomorrow afternoon at 1:30 and we are trying to gather together as many questions as we can, since these visits don't happen very often.

I guess that's it. Except of course, more photos of my beautiful nephew. We're so thankful to have someone so wonderful to keep us smiling or we'd just cry all the time.

Toodles, Mar

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the update - hard as it is to hear. Believe me when I say I know what you are going through and wish it wasn't so. You are all doing an amazing job coping. God sent you that baby for a reason - think about it. The time it took to conceive him and then he arrived at the perfect time after all. I love you all and think of you ALL the time.

    Love, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your heart felt words and beautiful pictures. Yours is such a loving family! Though these days are so very hard and intense, I know you all are comforted by being together. Blessings, Kay

    ReplyDelete